Thursday, August 15, 2013

Endings, Beginnings, and Change

Today begins a new chapter in my life. In our lives as a family. Yesterday was my last day of full-time employment.


It is a decision I made - it was not forced upon me - but if you know me at all, you know how much I hate change. (Strangely, I rather like change of the coin-sort. Go figure.) It is the right decision for me, right now. I do not regret it, but I will miss my coworkers, my friends, my family... those whom I've worked with for over 13 years and love, whom I've celebrated with and cried with. I will still have a connection with them, working part-time from home, but it won't be the same. 

But it's the right decision.

And my reward is to see this sweet face each day.

tmm

4 comments:

  1. Change is indeed hard. I'll miss seeing you around when I pop in at Moody! But she is so absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Trish, that IS hard! Can't imagine the tough decision of leaving a job you love... but so glad you have peace, even if it's a hard peace. And happy you can work part-time. Hugs to you, friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a hard choice, that's for sure. But with Nate still at Moody, you'll still be there to visit from time and time. It's the best of both worlds - staying connected at MBI and staying connected with baby girl at home :-) Enjoy these baby days! They do pass quickly, flowing from one stage into the next (as you've probably already noticed in the last few months as she grows - I see she's smiling now, which is adorable!). Love to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! She is a very sweet reward, indeed!

    You can always work, but the years spent raising your little one is a limited window of time. Others can fill your position at Moody Radio. But, only YOU can minister as mom to your baby daughter.

    I have no regrets over the years I spent as a stay-at-home mom. And I have many beautiful memories, praise God!

    ReplyDelete